Student Registration

RCISD Student Registration

As a public school system, the Royse City schools welcome all students who live within the boundaries of the Royse City Independent School District and meet state age and health requirements. Students moving into the district during the summer may call their school to set up a time to register a few weeks before the start of the school year. Students who move into the district during the school year should contact the campus. A student is required to attend school in the attendance zone in which the family resides.  See the District, Zones and Maps section of this web site for a list of school campuses, attendance boundary maps.

The natural parent, legal guardian or other person having legal control under a court order must enroll a student. Any person who is not the natural parent or is not designated guardian of the child by a court order should contact the campus to determine what documentation will be needed. The person enrolling the student must present photo identification,including,but not limited to a driver’s license, state identification card, passport ,or employment ID card at the time of registration. A student 18 or more years of age living independently must present evidence of age.


Records Necessary to Enroll

  • Completed Enrollment Package available to be  picked up at the campusRCISDLogo2015.NAME copy
  • Birth Certificate or Passport 
  • Current Immunization Record Signed by a Physician 
  • Proof of Residency in Royse City ISD (natural gas or electricity bill, original lease agreement, or approved Certificate of Eligibility to Enroll form) 
  • Most Recent Report Card/Withdrawal Slip from Previous School 
  • Social Security Card (if available; if not, the student will be assigned a State ID number)
  • High School Transcript (if applicable) 
  • Parent’s valid Driver’s License or state Identification card or Guardian Information Form and Guardian’s valid Driver’s License or state identification card. If parent or guardian is not a licensed driver  nor has the person obtained a state  ID card, other photo ID will be considered including , but not limited to, a passport or employment identification card.



Photo identification, including , but not limited to the following will be considered:

  • valid driver’s license
  • state identification card
  • passport
  • employment identification card


And one of the following:

  • A current utility bill showing the name and address matching the enrollment documents
  • An official residential lease agreement showing beginning and ending dates,address and names of resident and landlord



Under Section 37.10 of the Texas Penal Code (Tampering with Governmental Records), any person who knowingly falsifies information on a form required by the district for enrollment of a student commits an offense that carries monetary as well as possible criminal liability.  That person is liable for the maximum tuition fee the District may charge [see FDA] or the amount the District has budgeted per student as maintenance and operating expense, whichever is greater.

The District retains the right to investigate the validity of any documents submitted for enrollment


Student Registration – Spanish