What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic planning is a review and planning process that is undertaken to make thoughtful decisions about an organization’s future in order to ensure its success. Royse City ISD has completed Strategic Plan 2.0 and will work towards each outlined Strategy, Objective and Action Plan for the next 3-5 Years. Click here to review Strategic Plan 1.0 which is now operational. Short informational videos for each of the five areas of the plan are on this page. Watch to see what’s in store for Royse City ISD in the next 3-5 years!
Strategic Plan 2.0
Beliefs, Visions & Mission
The Belief Statements, Vision and Mission for Royse City ISD were developed in the original Strategic Plan. Each was revisited in September 2016 by the School Board and Superintendent (Team of 8). No changes were made to these important core values and statements for Royse City ISD.
– Every student is capable and deserves to learn each day in order to meet his/her unique potential
– Building relationships is key to educating every student
– That uniquely meaningful work engages students in profound learning
– Royse City ISD will prepare students for successful, meaningful, and fulfilling futures
– In upholding the traditions and values of the district and community
– The educational process must include character development
– That partnering with parents and community is essential to student success
Royse City ISD
Empowering Students – Shaping the Future
The mission of Royse City ISD is to provide meaningful and innovative educational experiences that cultivate a passion for learning.
Strategic Objectives & Strategies
TEACHING & LEARNING
- Every student will be empowered to personalize his/her learning to achieve his/her unique/full potential.
- Cultivate an innovative environment to foster student ownership in learning.
- Develop multiple pathways to ensure our students are future ready.
- Royse City ISD will recruit, develop, and retain employees whose philosophies and expertise align with those of the district.
- Review compensation package to include stipends for high need areas, incentives, district climate, district culture, and other differentiating factors, while extending a screening process for all district employees.
- Implement and sustain a viable induction process designed to ensure the retention and growth of highly qualified employees.
- Cultivate a unified culture of parental and community engagement.
- Enhance opportunities to grow partnerships and relationships with parents and all aspects of the community across the district.
- Develop a learner profile that reflects community-based accountability in order for the district to evaluate and adjust programs.
FINANCE & FACILITIES
- All stakeholders will optimize resources to enhance innovation, student performance, equity, and community partnerships.
- Develop unique and creative funding alternatives that foster and utilize interlocal partnerships.
- Create a communications plan to effectively educate and inform our community on financial issues and future facility needs impacting the district.
- State-of-the-art facilities will be designed to support innovations, student performance, equity, and community partnerships.
- Develop and implement a short-term plan to address the growth that is aligned with the master facilities plan.
- Create design standards for future and existing facilities that match building parameters with learner needs/profile.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Royse City ISD will tell our story of empowering students and shaping the future.
- Refine the perception of Royse City ISD among all stakeholders as a distinguishable school district.
- Enhance internal and external communications.
Input = Output! This is a recurring theme in Strategic Planning 2.0. Royse City ISD surveyed students, parents, staff and community in preparation for SP 2.0. Information gathered is vital in the planning process as we must know what is important to each of these stakeholders. Here is a recap presentation from the Strategic Planning 2.0 Survey.
Schedules & Agendas
|EVENT||DATE & TIME||Location|
|Team of 8 Training||September 19, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m.||Central Office|
|Strategic Planning Two Day Retreat||October 12-13, 2016 All Day||Central Office|
|Action Team Leader Training||October 27, 2016 @ 3:30 p.m.||Central Office|
|Action Team Kick-Off Meeting||November 3, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m.||RCHS Performing Arts Center|
|Mid-Point Check-Up with Action Team Leaders||January 11, 2017 @ 1:30 p.m.||Central Office|
|Action Plans Due||March 10, 2017||N/A|
|Strategic Planning One Day Retreat||March 30, 2017 @ 8:00 a.m.||Central Office|
|Finalize & Adopt Strategic Plan||May 2017||N/A|