Submitting Requests for Repairs
Each site has a designated person (typically the building principal or campus secretary) that handles communications with the Maintenance Department. This person is responsible for entering a work order on the site-based work order tracking system (School Dude).
The designated person should review previously submitted work orders to ensure that the request is not a duplicate, as duplication tends to slow the work order completion process down. The designated person should also contact the maintenance department by phone when the work request is an emergency needing immediate attention.
Maintenance and Repairs
As service requests are received, each is assigned a priority (emergency, urgent, or routine) based on the problem’s effect on life safety and/or continuance of academic study.Emergency and urgent requests are dispatched to maintenance personnel immediately.
It should be noted that backlogs are common and inevitable. Several weeks delay could occur between the submission of a request and its final resolution in some instances. Potential reasons for delays could range from having to obtain permits, to workforce scheduling conflicts, to material procurement, to obtaining drawings and so on. The maintenance staff will inform you if they encounter any unusual delays.
- Emergency Repairs – An “Emergency Repair” is performed to preserve the life, health, or safety of building occupants. Emergency Repairs also serve to prevent severe damage to a building or to assure a school’s ability to perform its educational mission. This includes:
- Building Wide Air Conditioning Failure
- Water main breaks
- Major electrical power failures
- Gas leaks
- Inability to secure the building after hours
- Broken handrails along stairs
- Urgent Repairs – Prompt service is provided for urgent maintenance and repair problems. This includes:
- Absence of Heat or Air Conditioning in academic and administrative buildings
- Plumbing problems
- Electrical problems
- Broken locks
- Broken windows
- Broken playground swings
- Routine Repairs – Service is provided as soon as it can be scheduled for routine problems. This includes:
- Interior door problems
- Installation of maps or pencil sharpeners
- Inoperable drinking fountains
If you have a question about maintenance repairs or work order requests, contact the Director of Operations, David Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to provide all students, staff and visitors with a clean, safe and comfortable environment that is conducive to the educational process. We will succeed in achieving this goal through the sound management of resources, efficient work practices, open communications and the dedication of our employees.